A Production Operator is responsible for performing the tasks in the production and processing of specialty silicone chemicals as an experienced member of the Production Department operations team. Responsible for the conduct of daily chemical production and processing tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Run assigned plant equipment, in a safe and proper manner. Able to assist start-up and shut-down most plant processes. Equipment could include: Emulsion area, VQM, Gum Blends, Tank Trucks, Bulk Tanks, Reactors, Pope Unit, Repacking and shipping and receiving.
· Qualified to run at least 75% of plant equipment.
· Measure and record all raw, in-process and finished materials accurately.
· Follow all work instructions and SOP’s explicitly, sign off on each instruction.
· Pack out material when batch process is complete.
· Clean all production equipment, tools and work areas near equipment between batches and at the end of the shift.
· Calculate and make adjustments to batches as directed.
· Troubleshoot process problems.
· Comply with all company occupational health, safety and environmental legal requirements.
· Use personal protective equipment as assigned.
· Report all unsafe conditions, work related injury or illness to a member of leadership.
· Safely handle and prepare materials for transport as assigned per regulatory requirements.
· Safely handle hazardous chemicals and waste according to company and legal requirements as assigned.
· Make recommendations for changes/improvements to ISO-9001 and 45001 integrated management systems.
· Set an example for junior level employees, and train as necessary and/or directed.
· Maintain good communication with fellow operators and leads/supervisors to ensure all tasks operate efficiently.
· Volunteer and work weekends to maintain production demands
· Additional duties as assigned.
Pay Range Depending on Experience
A Operator - $ 39
B Operator - $33
C Operator - $26
Training Requirements: Fork Truck License
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following is the career advancement route for Production Operator - 3rd Shift positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Production Operator - 3rd Shift, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Extrusion Operator, Sr. that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Production Operator - 3rd Shift. You can explore the career advancement for a Production Operator - 3rd Shift below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Production Operator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Production Operator for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Production Operator job description and responsibilities
Besides that, they also need to clean the production floor and comply with health and safety guidelines.
01/24/2022: Baltimore, MD
Production operators ensure the factory's equipment functions efficiently and that all procedures work correctly.
02/08/2022: Middlesex, NJ
Production operators set up and adjust machines, and monitor them for unusual noises or movements.
02/10/2022: San Diego, CA
Operators and tenders run the machines and observe them during production.
01/20/2022: Middlesex, NJ
Use equipment to assist with manufacturing and other steps along a production line.
01/10/2022: Oklahoma City, OK
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Production Operator jobs
Clean lubricates motors, pumps, and other moving parts of units.
12/29/2021: Provo, UT
Become Focused and Committed to Deadlines.
01/30/2022: Binghamton, NY
Grow Organizational and Communication Skills.
12/08/2021: Worcester, MA
Learn the basics, then move on to bigger things.
12/21/2021: Orange, CA
Previous production work experience would be an advantage.
03/02/2022: Bloomington, IN
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Production Operator.