Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Courtyard Stamford Downtown, 275 Summer Street, Stamford, Connecticut, United States VIEW ON MAPSchedule
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Janus Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage, administer, and supervise all guest services and contracted areas, in order to maintain company and brand standards, and to maintain the highest level of courteous, professional and efficient service to all guests.
- Thorough knowledge of all front office and guest services department operations and individual job requirements.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Interview and assist in making hiring decisions.
- Manage all scheduling and training programs of front desk staff.
- Monitor associate performance and encourage improvement.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Read correspondence, and direct staff according to information obtained from other departments.
- Maintain Business Center and assist guests as needed.
- Comply with corporate accounting procedures.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and within company.
- Assist team supervisors in understanding AOS/ GSS results, developing game plans to attack need areas.
- Complete development plan for staff focusing on continual learning.
- Conduct one-on-ones with team supervisors and members.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Know hotel emergency plan, train, and implementation.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.