Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always 'of the now' so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com
Location: Garden State
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing a great in-store shopping experience for customers. The Sales Associate assists with additional tasks including, but not limited to, stocking, cleaning, and folding merchandise.Flawless Execution
Provide a Great Customer Experience
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, checkout, fitting room, and stock room to ensure the store is safe and inviting to customers.
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all our associates and customers.
- Assist with product launch changes according to company SOP.
- Deliver on all aspects of the customer experience model.
- Process transactions quickly and accurately reducing the customers wait time.
- Positively resolve customer service-related issues as they arise and determine resolution or escalate further - communicate all issues and resolutions to Store Management.
- Drive credit and loyalty member programs by explaining benefits and encouraging customers to participate.
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your supervisor.Essential Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 0-2 of relevant job experience - minimum 6 months
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
- Previous reatil experience preferred
- Customer service skills and ability to interact with customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States. Notification to Agencies:
Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.