Overview THE EXPRESSWAY FORWARD
In January of 2020, the Company launched the EXPRESSway Forward strategy based on four foundational pillars - Product, Brand, Customer, Execution. Since that time, the Company has advanced initiatives in each of these areas and across all departments. The corporate strategy is fueled and supported by a culture that is defined by three values - Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success.
This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and our Express brand purpose - We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression
. - speaks to the role our brand can play in our customers' lives.
Today, we are reimagining our store experience, bringing forward a spirit of hospitality so everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome and leaves wanting to be a part of our styling community. Our store experience and the teams that bring it to life are vitally important to our transformation. Our culture is defined by three values - Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success - and we invite you to join us and help build, activate and amplify the Express styling community.
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit www.express.com
The Engagement Leader creates memorable experiences for customers by embodying a hospitality mindset and driving the consistent delivery of positive customer experiences, promoting squad interconnectivity, assisting in teaching squad members, and modeling strong stylist skills. The Engagement Leader delivers the highest level of a personalized styling that helps to fulfill the Express brand purpose: We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression.
This position is responsible for achieving personal productivity and performance metrics as well as contributing to the total Style Squad's success. Additionally, our Engagement Leaders are brand ambassadors for the Express experience and promote to potential squad members an inclusive squad mentality built on teamwork and shared objectives.Key Responsibilities
- Exemplify a hospitality mindset and deliver on all aspects of the Express Customer Experience Philosophy to create outstanding experiences for customers/clients
- Support Style Squad interconnectedness and approach customer engagement with the thought that it is a 'team sport' by actively engaging with colleagues to deliver the very best customer experience
- Create an environment built on teamwork and inspiring a Squad mentality
- Teach, coach and develop Stylists to create transformational/memorable experiences for customers
- Set the example for engaging with a hospitality mindset
- Model transformative customer experiences leveraging the Customer Experience Philosophy
- Display expert knowledge of product, company policies, promotions, and loyalty programs
- Drive for results by leading the customer experience as Customer Engagement Leader (CEL)
- Execute all aspects of daily store operations
- Monitor the customer experiences delivered by squad members, providing feedback and coaching
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- High school or equivalent education
- One to three years' experience, preferably in retail or hospitality
- Willing and able to meet defined availability criteria including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Proficient in use of retail technology such as iPads and registers
- Hospitality mindset with a genuine desire to create positive and memorable customer experiences
- Ability to explain and model how excellent customer experiences are created
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong supervisory and communication skills
- Brand ambassador mentality
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States. Notification to Agencies:
Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.