The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager on a wide variety of day-to-day administrative and operational aspects of the given property assignments in compliance with the Commercial management agreement and established company policies. The Assistant Property Manager provides exceptional levels of customer service to the tenants and works closely with vendors and contractors to serve the interests of the client and protecting its investment in the asset.
The Assistant Property Manager regularly performs these duties:
1. Coordinates with accounting, lease administration and other departmental personnel so that accounting are performed accurately, and financial reporting is prepared then delivered within established deadlines.
2. Assists the Property Manager in preparing the annual operating budget, helps the Property Manager monitor rent collections so that delinquencies to an absolute minimum.
3. Collects, codes and processes property invoices for the timely review and approval for payment by the Property Manager.
4. Interacts daily with assigned maintenance staff and various third-party contractors so that tenant work tickets and scheduled preventive maintenance activities are completed in a prompt and complete manner.
5. Helps to oversee the smooth operation of the on-site management office (as applicable), by maintaining files, answering phones and other duties as assigned. The Assistant Property Manager also provides coverage for the Property Manager as required.
6. Regularly inspects each property managed with the appropriate maintenance staff or third-party contractors to detect and promptly address any deficiencies found.
7. Engages daily with tenants to provide important communication regarding property operations, collects Certificates of Insurance (COIs), sales reports or other licensing information required by the leases and promptly reports any discrepancies to the Property Manager.8. Assists the Property Manager by coordinating with architects, engineers, and construction personnel on various capital related tenant and building improvement projects with a focus on proactive communication and mitigation of disruption to normal property operations.
This position requires:
1. High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. Real estate salesperson’s license also preferred. 2. A minimum of three (3) years of Commercial/Retail industry or related experience required.
The successful incumbent will have: 1. The person in this position must be well rounded and have a good grasp of basic bookkeeping, property operations, and exhibit solid customer service skills. He/she must be proficient in the use of standard business software tools like Word® and Excel®, as well as specialty property management software like Yardi® or MRI®.
The job skills required for Assistant Property Manager (Commercial) include Customer Service, Accounting, Property Management Software, Bookkeeping, lease administration, Financial Reporting etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Property Manager (Commercial). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Property Manager (Commercial). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Property Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Assistant Property Manager for your reference.