JOB TITLE: Room Attendant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Executive Housekeeper, Executive Housekeeper, and Floor Supervisor
DEPARTMENT HEAD: Executive Housekeeper
1. Attend daily department briefing sessions to receive the days room assignments, special notices and general hotel information and activities
2. Service rooms as allocated by the Executive Housekeeper to the hotel’s standards
3. Carry out routine and periodic cleaning in allocated areas
4. Practice the correct use and care of all items of equipment, such as vacuum cleaners, carts, etc
5. Report any malfunctioning equipment immediately
6. Report any damage, wear and tear arising in any of your working areas
7. Ensure that the hallways, stairways and corridors are kept free of any obstructions
8. Ensure that any equipment used is properly secured and re-stocked at the end of each shift
9. Dirty room linens from the guest rooms are to be put away and never left in the corridors
10. Always recognize and warmly greet hotel guests whenever encountered within the hotel
11. Replace all guest room supplies and stationary to the required standard
12. Restock linen in each room to the required standard
13. Delivery all lost/found property immediately to the Housekeeping Office immediately
14. Ensure that the allocated job of the day is completed in every room on daily basis
15. Be responsible for any assigned keys or pagers
16. Deliver completed worksheet to Floor Supervisor at the end of each shift
17. Attend training as required
The job skills required for Room Attendant include Housekeeping, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Room Attendant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Room Attendant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Room Attendant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Room Attendant, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Housekeeping Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Room Attendant. You can explore the career advancement for a Room Attendant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Room Attendant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Room Attendant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Room Attendant job description and responsibilities
Maintain the condition of the make-up room trolleys, stack up linens and stationery for usage.
12/13/2021: Bridgeport, CT
Clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure guest rooms and bathrooms meet hotel standards.
12/24/2021: Saint Petersburg, FL
They ensure all rooms are clean and they address guest’s queries politely and knowledgeably.
01/21/2022: Fort Collins, CO
Cleaned numerous rooms Provided excellent customer service Shampoo carpet and dispatching.
02/18/2022: Tacoma, WA
Dining room attendants should have a neat, clean appearance, a pleasant manner, and the ability to follow directions.
12/29/2021: Dayton, OH
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Room Attendant jobs
There are generally few education and training requirements to become a room attendant.
12/16/2021: Worcester, MA
Most Tool Room Attendants list "Safety Rules," "Requisitions Stock," and "Machine Parts" as skills on their resumes.
12/08/2021: Johnstown, PA
Creating an Atmosphere of Positive Evolution.
01/21/2022: Somerset, NJ
Celebrate Success and Learn to Deal With Failures.
02/14/2022: Birmingham, AL
Learn the basics, then move on to bigger things.
12/10/2021: Pittsburgh, PA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Room Attendant.