The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Expotel Hospitality Service standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Expotel Hospitality Service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
• Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
• Remove all trash and dirty linen from guestrooms and hallways.
• Keep all hallways, public areas, and closets clean, neat, and vacuumed (if applicable).
• Restock the housekeeping cleaning cart for the next day’s use.
• Replenish chemical bottles.
• Clean the room with the door closed according to standards, unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
• Report all missing items from the room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to the Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Report any maintenance repairs immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
The job skills required for Room Attendant include Housekeeping, Scheduling, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Room Attendant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Room Attendant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Room Attendant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Room Attendant, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Housekeeping Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Room Attendant. You can explore the career advancement for a Room Attendant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Room Attendant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Room Attendant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Room Attendant job description and responsibilities
Maintain the condition of the make-up room trolleys, stack up linens and stationery for usage.
12/13/2021: Bridgeport, CT
Clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure guest rooms and bathrooms meet hotel standards.
12/24/2021: Saint Petersburg, FL
They ensure all rooms are clean and they address guest’s queries politely and knowledgeably.
01/21/2022: Fort Collins, CO
Cleaned numerous rooms Provided excellent customer service Shampoo carpet and dispatching.
02/18/2022: Tacoma, WA
Dining room attendants should have a neat, clean appearance, a pleasant manner, and the ability to follow directions.
12/29/2021: Dayton, OH
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Room Attendant jobs
There are generally few education and training requirements to become a room attendant.
12/16/2021: Worcester, MA
Most Tool Room Attendants list "Safety Rules," "Requisitions Stock," and "Machine Parts" as skills on their resumes.
12/08/2021: Johnstown, PA
Creating an Atmosphere of Positive Evolution.
01/21/2022: Somerset, NJ
Celebrate Success and Learn to Deal With Failures.
02/14/2022: Birmingham, AL
Learn the basics, then move on to bigger things.
12/10/2021: Pittsburgh, PA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Room Attendant.