Iconic Dental has an opening for a Registered Dental Hygienist in Walsenburg, CO. We are located in downtown Walsenburg right in the heart of Huerfano County. We provide the BEST patient care by using the latest dental care technologies and emphasizing a comfortable, family-friendly atmosphere. If you share a passion for oral health, we'd love to talk to you! We offer training to smoothly transition you to your new professional home, as well as a compensation package that includes health insurance plans and 401k.
- Provide superior patient care and service; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Take radiographs of patients using digital dental radiographic equipment
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create no patient wait time; help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene, health, disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth such as fluorides and sealants
- Verify patient health history and document appropriately in patient chart.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patients’ blood pressure accurately
- Take alginate impressions and fabricate whitening trays
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patient chart
- Assist with other office duties as requested or needed
- Registered Dental Hygienist with a current Colorado license
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versed in Eaglesoft is preferred
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Salary ranges from $35 to $40 per hour, depending on experience