Upgrade your Career! Become a Quinn Technician
You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
• Total Rewards – Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
• Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
• Advanced Training – Whether you’re a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
• Pride in what you do – Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
• Great team environment – Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
Entry level Technician responsible for demonstrating progression in competencies on repair of Caterpillar and/or related equipment or components, following established procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform repairs with general departmental supervision. Work alongside experienced technician to support and gain knowledge of equipment repair and safety.
• Company will provide tooling. Employee may voluntarily use his or her own tools.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
• Work overtime as required by workload or customer need and may be assigned to provide services outside of normal working hours during the week or on the weekend when unexpected needs surface.
• Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
• Learning to perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures.
• Build competencies and retain acquired knowledge.
• Treat customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Be responsible and proactive for personal development and training requirements for growth.
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality, Relationship and Safety.
• Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor.
OPERATIONAL / SAFETY
• Carry out duties and responsibilities according to safety guidelines and policies.
• Operate equipment, cranes and vehicles within design limitations and perform daily maintenance as required.
• Demonstrate safe work practices at all times.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes as required.
• Report any hazardous work conditions immediately to your supervisor or safety representative.
• Maintain current forklift operator training certification.
• Maintain MSHA certificate if applicable.
• Employee shall receive general hazardous waste and Spill Prevention (SPCC) training along with any additional environmental related training that pertains to their specific job function. This training must be renewed on an annual basis.
• Maintain clean and organized workspace and equipment.
• Return tools and equipment to proper location.
• Securing company and personal tools at the end of the shift.
• Maintain clean and organized company vehicle if applicable.
• Maintain clean and orderly lunchrooms, restrooms, locker rooms and common areas
• Accurately complete time sheets and service reports of work performed in a timely manner.
• Accurately complete parts orders, and identify parts for return.
• Practice effective time management and good work habits.
• Work towards meeting labor flat rates and quality repair. Report inaccurate flat rates and situations when flat rates will not be met to your manager/supervisor.
• Demonstrate proper use of service manuals, service tools and service publications.
• Demonstrate proficiency with current computer software, related hardware and machine electronic systems.
• May perform other duties such as welding, fabricating or painting.
• Perform departmental duties as assigned.
• Perform machine inspections along with machine check in/out as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, one to two years mechanical experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/DV
Quinn Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, all applicable veteran status or disabled veteran status. Quinn Group, Inc. has established an Affirmative Action Plan to promote the employment and advancement of members of those covered groups identified by statute and regulations, including minorit
EL PASO, IL
25 - 50
WILLIAM J QUINN
The following is the career advancement route for Technician I positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Technician I, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Pharmacy Technician II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Technician I. You can explore the career advancement for a Technician I below and select your interested title to get hiring information.