The primary role of the Store Manager in Training is to develop knowledge and understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising under the supervision and direction of a Store Manager. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates. Also included are establishing an interactive sales approach, keen awareness of safety & loss prevention, maintenance of store cleanliness and appearance, excellent customer service, and a positive attitude. The average training period is 6 months with the expectation that the Store Manager in Training is open to relocation to another store for the promotion to Store Manager.
- Direct the operations of the assigned store.
- Direct all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Take a hands-on approach with directing daily goals for the Assistant Store Managers.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Lead our associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership principles taught in Thrive and reinforces Thrive skills with managers reporting to you.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Develop the product knowledge and sales techniques of the team.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become an expert with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention techniques.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate handheld inventory device, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete transactions.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 2 years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people.
- Required to relocate to another store for a Store Manager position within 12 months.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50-hour workweek (10-hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit.
- Supervise and direct the assistant managers, department managers, and store associates.
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring, firing, promotions, and assignments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The job skills required for Store Manager in Training include Customer Service, Leadership, Merchandising, Initiative, store operations, Retail Management, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Store Manager in Training.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Store Manager in Training.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service
The following is the career advancement route for Store Manager in Training positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Store Manager in Training,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Grocery Store Manager that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Store Manager in Training. You can explore the career advancement for a Store Manager in Training below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
4 Months Ago
3 Weeks Ago