Job Location: Phoenix, AZ - Phoenix, AZ
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: Associate Degree or equivalent
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
($1,000 signing bonus – paid in installments as follows; $375 on the first payroll following the date of hire; $375 on the first payroll following 6 months of employment; $250 on the first payroll following 1 year of employment)
COVID-19 Vaccination is a condition of employment
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Client Services Team and Account Manager(s) to ensure that our Trust Funds are serviced with excellence. In addition, this role coordinates with vendors and fund professionals to organize and prepare Board of Trustee meetings regularly.
Keys for success in the admin role:
Being an excellent communicator, because you take care in articulating your own thought process, as well as critique the work of others.
Understanding the whole business. Great systems aren’t built in a vacuum – they require hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits together.
Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone’s ideas, they’ll be improved upon through collaboration.
- Provide high quality customer service to client trustees, vendors and other service providers in an efficient prompt and professional manner.
- Respond to and resolve any complex issues.
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services.
- Raise issues as appropriate to Department Manager.
- Learn and use professional excellence tools and concepts to ensure efficient and quality output/service delivery.
- Attend board meetings, take notes, prepare minutes/action summaries as directed.
- Maintain Accounts Payable Logs for client vendors as aid to review, reconcile and approve client invoices for payment.
- Process Trustee expense reports.
- Coordinate mailing projects for Pension and Health and Welfare funds. Verify mailing lists to confirm data using claims system and other software applications.
- Identify trust documents eligible for scanning and document appropriate folders accordingly.
- Maintain client links and cosmetic adjustments to the client websites by providing updated forms and other plan documents.
- Conversion of documents and meeting materials to PDF formats using Adobe Pro software.
- Process or assist in compiling reports in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintain meeting coordination activities, trust documents and website/portal.
- Support efforts regarding daily administrative tasks; client interactions via mail, email inquiries and faxes.
- File management: Code correspondence and documents for filing, identify file purging needs, and file lists maintenance and Records Retention Management for Health & Welfare& Pension funds.
- Maintain client printing supplies using inventory records to avoid shortages. Ensure that documents are properly coded and up-to-date.
- Maintenance of Client contact lists.
- Assist with company promotional items. Participate in company and client activities (trust meetings, special call meetings, etc.) as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other team members
- Actively participate in team meetings and training activities.
- Perform additional responsibilities and projects as periodically assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED (minimum)
- Administrative experience in a Third-Party Administrative firm (or similar industry) preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office environment. (related industry preferred, but not required.)
- Solid expertise in MS Excel & MS Word (i.e. pivot tables and lookup functions).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional, client-focused approach to colleagues and assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Ability to seek out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
- Strong dedication to follow-through on all tasks and assignments.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time operating a computer keyboard.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and complete multiple projects within established deadlines.
- A collaborative and supportive approach to problem solving.
- Professional appearance, attitude, and excellent work ethic.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required (English/Spanish).
Customer Service, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Communications, Interpersonal Relations/Teamwork, Organization Awareness, Self/Life Management, Continuous Improvement/Innovation and Change, Basic Technical Competence
Employee Benefits Program
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to five percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision insurance; along with company paid disability and life insurance.
- Family and employee care programs.