Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Assistant Community Manager, under the supervision of the Community Manager is responsible for assisting in all phases of the operation of a property, including, but not limited to, the general administration, leasing, and maintenance of the property. The Assistant Community Manager may also participate in budget preparation and control, and direction and control of all resources of the property.
1. Perform recertification interviews with residents, complete paperwork, system entry and submit to corporate office.
2. Track rental inquiries from referrals, walk-ins and phone contacts. Accept, date/time stamp and log all applications for unit rental.
3. Show vacant units, market property amenities.
4. Maintain knowledge of all procedures for Accounts Payable and Receivables, assist Community Manager with collections efforts.
5. Assist Community Manager with filing court documents for eviction; attend court hearing if Community Manager is not available.
6. Executes marketing campaigns for leasing of rental units, including promotion, tours of property and rental units. Prepares, processes and modifies lease agreements and related forms. Maintains knowledge of competition and market conditions effecting leasing and operations and makes adjustments to the business and marketing models to ensure the Company remains competitive and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
7. Coordinate with property messaging service to retrieve messages and follow-up with calls if necessary.
8. Remain current with all applicable laws and regulations relating to residential rental properties, and maintain knowledge of current company processes and procedures.
9. Assist Community Manager with ordering office supplies for property when necessary.
10. Initiate, track and close work orders utilizing systems for property.
11. Assist Community Manager with other tasks and duties as required.
Required Experience: One or more years’ experience with residential real estate management. Tax Credit, Section 8 and/or Public Housing experience preferred.
Required Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent required.Two or more years of college preferred.After hiring, will complete all company required certification training and testing
Required Skills and Abilities: Professional appearance and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Primarily an office environment, but will need the ability to meet residents in their units, show units to potential residents, walk around to inspect the property, often in a multi-story facility including climbing stairs. May work around cleaning solvents, paint fumes and landscaping chemicals.• Evening and weekend work may be required.
The job skills required for Assistant Community Manager include Promotion, Organizational Skills, Accounts Payable etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Community Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Community Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Community Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Assistant Community Manager for your reference.