Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Assistant Community Manager, under the supervision of the Community Manager is responsible for assisting in all phases of the operation of a property, including, but not limited to, the general administration, leasing, and maintenance of the property. The Assistant Community Manager may also participate in budget preparation and control, and direction and control of all resources of the property.
1. Perform recertification interviews with residents, complete paperwork, system entry and submit to corporate office.
2. Track rental inquiries from referrals, walk-ins and phone contacts. Accept, date/time stamp and log all applications for unit rental.
3. Show vacant units, market property amenities.
4. Maintain knowledge of all procedures for Accounts Payable and Receivables, assist Community Manager with collections efforts.
5. Assist Community Manager with filing court documents for eviction; attend court hearing if Community Manager is not available.
6. Executes marketing campaigns for leasing of rental units, including promotion, tours of property and rental units. Prepares, processes and modifies lease agreements and related forms. Maintains knowledge of competition and market conditions effecting leasing and operations and makes adjustments to the business and marketing models to ensure the Company remains competitive and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
7. Coordinate with property messaging service to retrieve messages and follow-up with calls if necessary.
8. Remain current with all applicable laws and regulations relating to residential rental properties, and maintain knowledge of current company processes and procedures.
9. Assist Community Manager with ordering office supplies for property when necessary.
10. Initiate, track and close work orders utilizing systems for property.
11. Assist Community Manager with other tasks and duties as required.
Required Experience: One or more years’ experience with residential real estate management. Tax Credit, Section 8 and/or Public Housing experience preferred.
Required Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent required.Two or more years of college preferred.After hiring, will complete all company required certification training and testing
Required Skills and Abilities: Professional appearance and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Primarily an office environment, but will need the ability to meet residents in their units, show units to potential residents, walk around to inspect the property, often in a multi-story facility including climbing stairs. May work around cleaning solvents, paint fumes and landscaping chemicals.• Evening and weekend work may be required.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Assistant Community Manager include Promotion, Futures, Professional development, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Community Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Community Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Assistant Community Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Assistant Community Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Community Development Manager II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Assistant Community Manager. You can explore the career advancement for an Assistant Community Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Community Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Assistant Community Manager for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Assistant Community Manager job description and responsibilities
Assistant Community Managers help build, grow and manage online communities for companies or brands.
03/09/2022: Tulsa, OK
An Assistant Community Manager provides management to an organization’s social media presence.
12/17/2021: Las Cruces, NM
By supporting communications on various social platforms, an Assistant Community Manager will ensure that content published meets brand guidelines and overall communication style.
12/31/2021: Portland, OR
An Assistant community manager may be required to train new leasing consultants and monitor their job performance.
01/10/2022: Fairbanks, AK
Assistant Community Managers handle smaller day-to-day communication-related tasks and other clerical work to free up the Community Manager’s time so they can complete larger, big-picture tasks.
01/01/2022: Laramie, WY
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Assistant Community Manager jobs
To become an Assistant Community Manager, candidates need to have a strong sales drive.
01/17/2022: Grand Rapids, MI
Grow Organizational and Communication Skills.
02/17/2022: Albany, NY
Learn the basics, then move on to bigger things.
02/18/2022: Shreveport, LA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Assistant Community Manager.