Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Assist senior managers and community managers in tracking resident non-lease compliance and related legal activity; works with residents and case managers to identify specific barriers to compliance and assists in determining targeted solutions. Supports site management by monitoring and tracking disruptive and/or criminal activity in the community and coordinates follow-up with appropriate agencies, provides support to residents who are victims of criminal activity on the site. Identification of community resources needed to develop the community as part of a sustainable urban neighborhood. Provides support for programsand activities on and occasionally away from the site.
1. Provides orientation to new residents. Reviews community policies and procedures related to lease compliance and reviews house rules.
2. Maintains a list of households at risk for non-lease compliance; works with property management and case managers to identify specific action plans.
3. Works directly with residents at risk for non-lease compliance, within the home if necessary, to assess progress on stated goals; updates property management of household progress on a weekly basis.
4. Participates in meetings to discuss and monitor resident progress in lease compliance and self-sufficiency.
5. Interviews new and renewing residents to identify their interests; obtains information on strengths and barriers to achievement of educational advancement and economic self- sufficiency.
6. Reviews security logs and incident reports to determine actionable items and communicate these to site management. Supports residents who are victims of crime on the property. Encourages reporting to authorities and coordinates the exchange of information.
7. Actively promotes programs offered by community stakeholders and assists in recruiting residents for participation.
8. Actively promotes for the use of community resources and educational opportunities. Encourages and in some cases initiates referrals to contracted providers and outside agencies.9. Attends security meetings, area beat meetings and community safety meetings.
10. Assists management in the distribution, collection and compilation of resident surveys. Coordinates the production and distribution of resident newsletters.
11. Documents community activities and events. Produces written summaries and photos that record events. Provides information to owners, managers, agencies and residents through email communication, web-site posting and special mailings.
Previous experience working with affordable or public housing residents is required.
Bachelor’s degree in human or social services, planning, or related field or five (5) years commensurate experience working with property management, social service or community service agencies. Advanced degree preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to remain focused in a demanding work environment; ability to continuously re-prioritize responsibilities. Ability to work directly with residents in a non-judgmental manner.Intermediate computer skills required to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and email communications; experience with publishing software a plus.
A proven ability to build productive professional working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including evenings/weekends to attend meetings with community support agencies
Ability to work collectively with community stakeholders Ability to leveraged community resources for residents
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!
The job skills required for Resident Services Manager include Planning, Professional development, Housekeeping, Property Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Resident Services Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Resident Services Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Resident Services Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Resident Services Manager for your reference.