* *NEW** ASSISTED LIVING ANDMEMORY CARE!
We are currently hiring for ALLShifts!
Here at Twin Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care we arebuilding a unique team of individuals who are passionate about serving ourwonderful residents and their families. We value the highest standard of careand produce the best quality of life for those we serve each day.
Our values are built on care, integrity, work ethic, quality,and much more!
Twin Oaks offers a competitive Income, insurance Benefitsincluding Medical, Dental, Vision,
The Cook is responsible for the planning, direction, monitoring, and execution of food preparation for the facility. This individual must be able to effectively communicate both in written and oral form. The Cook assists the Foodservice Director of Twin Oaks Senior Living in the evaluation of operational performance, quality of service, and delivery and competitiveness with other area facilities. This person must have excellent leadership skills to aid in motivating and developing the resident staff. This individual must be highly organized and possess outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of energy and enthusiasm. The Cook must be a firm decision-maker, taking into consideration the impact of that decision on the overall organization.
The Cook reports to the Foodservice Director and is responsible for carrying out the primary duties of food preparation as outlined by the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director of Twin Oaks Senior Living. These essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with employees, residents, residents’ families, visitors, and coworkers in a professional and confidential manner.
- Initiate and participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities based on the four components; resident satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process/system refinement, and financial impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace and project the values of the community: compassion, positivity, respectful communication, responsibility, trust, community, safety, respect, teamwork, partnership, service, integrity, efficiency, and financial responsibility.
- Provide informative written and oral correspondence to Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director of Twin Oaks Senior Living and act in an advisory capacity on all food service issues.
- Make informative decisions and inform the staff of all major changes and/or changes to menus, document such changes in the substitution log.
- Communicate accurate and pertinent information to facilitate effective and efficient resident nutrition.
- Assist Foodservice Director in the overseeing the dietary and food service performance for the facility.
- Ensure that standards and objectives for safe food handling are met.
- Apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills when needed.
- Work to establish a group culture to enable Twin Oaks Senior Living to function as a whole.
- The Cook is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare nutritious, well-prepared and presented meals in a timely and consistent basis in accordance with written menu, approved recipes, special diet requirements, and number of persons served.
- Ensure food, food preparation, equipment, and storage areas are maintained in accordance with the sanitation requirements.
- Serve food according to dietary guidelines, checking for completeness and accurateness of the food served.
- Review residents’ diet information and care plans and discuss with Foodservice Director as necessary to make appropriate changes.
- Monitor portion control guidelines for individual residents.
- Maintain sufficient inventory as specified by state licensure bureau, and purchase food items within budgeting parameters.
- Stock and store food items as specified by state licensure bureau.
- Retrieve dishes and utensils following meals and ensure all dishes and utensils are washed and properly sanitized.
- Complete weekly grocery inventory and shopping lists.
- Complete substitution log if applicable.
- Post weekly menus.
- Regulatory and Legal
- Ensure compliance to policies related to safe food handling and infection control.
- Bring the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director’s attention to any deficiencies that may arise and correct as necessary.
- Ensure compliance to policies relating to work site safely, blood-borne pathogens, hazard communication.
- Ensure compliance with respect to risk management; death, the dying and the aging process; fire safety; disaster preparedness; residents’ rights; and grievance procedures.
- Assist during a state survey or other in-house inspection of records as necessary.
- Take corrective action when administration indicates budget concerns exist.
- Ensure optimal maintenance of the kitchen, dining room, and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain food supply inventory.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A certification from a physician, nurse practitioner, or other health professional to verify no communicable diseases, open skin lesions, or any other health problems that would interfere with job performance.
- No previous felony conviction, or conviction for fraud of the federal government.
- CPR certified and first aid certification.
- Criminal background check (BCI).
- TB test.
- Food Handlers Permit.
- 18 years of age.
- One year of experience in the food service field preferred.
- Successful completion of Twin Oaks Senior Living training program.
- Knowledge of the assisted living care industry.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Decisive, well-informed, decision-maker.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Capacity to work effectively with different types of people.
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Knowledge of nutritional/dietetic principles and applications based on calorie levels and nutrient adequacy.
- Knowledge of how to design special diets specific to a health problem.
- Work within a budget.
- Well-rounded with developed outside interests.
This position requires the ability to work under time pressures, and the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals. Physical demands include moving boxes, light equipment and supplies, and operating kitchen equipment. Standing for long periods of time (up to 2-4 hours per day) may be required. Lifting, up to twenty-five pounds, on a regular basis is required. Occasional lifting and carrying of items up to fifty pounds is also required. Requires hearing to normal range and corrected vision. The Cook facilitates and participates in menu planning on behalf of Twin Oaks Senior Living. This position is an exempt position under the FLSA and does require overtime in order to accomplish those duties outlined and to complete projects. Occasional stress related to multiple responsibilities is anticipated.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 8 Hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: We are required to wear masks.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)