Retail Sales Associate - CHEF'STORE
This role is Onsite within the store.
To apply on our website: Please copy and paste
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN EACH AREA:
- Ensure all customers have an impeccable CHEF’STORE experience by developing and maximizing relationships with the store’s customers. Utilize all tools and skills learned in the CHEF’STORE Way training and model the behavior in the store.
- Perform sales and cash functions in the POS in an efficient and accurate manner. This includes scanning merchandise, by utilizing a held-held scan gun or 10 keypads, weighing products on counter top scales as necessary, and looking up any product that will not scan. Ensure that each item’s barcode is accurately reflected in the system and report any discrepancies to the Front End Lead or Manager of Day (MOD).
- Perform cart-to-cart transfer of all products at checkout, including a visual inspection to look for product tampering.
- Perform duties as receipt checker; verifying cart content vs. purchases, as customers leave the store.
- Perform store opening and/or closing functions at the front end based on assigned shift.
Sales Floor and Stocking:
- Ensure a continuing focus on increasing sales and managing shrinkage. Work with customers to ensure they find the products they need and are made aware of all the other services available to them in the store.
- Assist in receiving inventory shipments and maintaining and stocking shelves in a neat and orderly fashion while also ensuring proper rotation and product quality audits. Report any low stock levels to store management.
- Ensure all merchandise is properly labeled. This includes blaster tagging un-scannable merchandise, applying catch weight labels to all merchandise sold by the pound, and affixing PLU tags to produce items.
- Replenish sales floor daily by down-stocking freight from top stock. Ensure that the oldest product is brought down first and stocked in accordance with FIFO. Each of our products is as necessary. Reach trucks and pallet jacks will be used in the movement of products and stockings.
- Utilize computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and proprietary software as needed.
- Ensure all products are easily accessible, visually appealing, and constantly available.
- Assist with price changes as directed by the Pricing Lead and Store Management.
- Assist in the opening and closing duties of the store.
- Participate in the inventory and cycle count process as needed.
- Ensure that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers by following safety policies and practices. Notify store management of any safety issues in the store, and correct them if possible.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the sales floor, front end, and restrooms. Utilize cleaning equipment to assist in these duties.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the parking lot and store entry area.
- Gather carts from the parking lot and cart corrals and bring them back to the designated area. Ensure all are clean and operable.
- In addition to the above duties, you may be responsible for other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by Store Management.
SUPERVISION: The incumbent is not required to provide direct supervision for any position.
- Internal: The incumbent is required to interact with employees at all levels of responsibility throughout the company.
- External: The incumbent is required to interact with customers and other service and product providers.
Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 6-12 months of retail cashier and/or stocking experience required.
- Minimum one year of retail selling and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Must possess the desire and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service and the adaptability and willingness to assist other employees in order to get the job done.
- Provide each customer with fast, easy, efficient, and professional service.
- Must demonstrate good, solid common sense and the ability to think logically and possess a basic mathematical aptitude.
- Must be motivated and self-driven with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently or within a team.
- Must be able to work a flexible hourly schedule, including holidays and weekends.
- Must possess basic computer skills, cash handling experience, and proficiency in utilizing general office equipment.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed.
The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for most of the work shift.
Additionally, the position will also require the following:
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required
- Frequently lifting and carrying items that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Working in refrigerated and freezer areas in which temperatures may range from -10 degrees Fahrenheit to 36 degrees Fahrenheit
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.