We are currently seeking a full time Assistant Community Manager for Vandalia Apartments.
Wallick Communities gives low-income families, single parents, and senior citizens a place called “home” – thanks to five decades of experience in developing, building, managing and overseeing affordable multi-family housing and assisted-living communities across the mid-west.
• 55 years serving our communities
• 24,000 residents call our community’s home
• 9 states and growing
• 1000 associates
• 92% associate engagement score
Wallick Mission: Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope.
Wallick Values: Our Values flow directly from our Mission and set the expectation for how all associates work together. These values are:
Working at Wallick Communities:
Diversity, equity, inclusion, plus belonging. Four impactful words. One powerful and transformative journey. Here at Wallick, we know that when we invest in the equity of each group, all groups benefit. It’s not about one person, one idea, nor any one action. It’s about what we can accomplish together. Join us and work towards creating an inclusive and diverse workforce experience at Wallick.
The work - How you will contribute: In accordance with the Wallick Mission and Values, the Assistant Community will assist in managing all daily operations of Affordable housing communities comprised of section 8, Tax Credit, and market rate units. With the residents' needs top of mind, you will partner with the Community Manager to maintain the community to Company standards, ensuring it is comfortable and safe.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- You will assist the Community Manager with maintaining an acceptable level of occupancy.
- You will help future residents with the application process, including maintaining a current waiting list.
- Help with collections of all monies due to the community (i.e., rent) are received.
- Assist the Community Manager with maintaining positive relationships with owners and residents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- You have a high school diploma or GED
- You have 1-3 years previous experience in a general manager position, or similar, with exceptional people leadership and process management experience. Knowledge of HUD Section 8 regulations is a plus.
- You possess intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook software. Experience with Yardi is a plus
- You’re highly analytical with financial acumen (budgeting)
- You’re engaged in your work and a strong communicator
- You are deadline driven with a keen eye for detail and quality
- Pay on demand (access your money as you earn it)
- Up to 8 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Paid time off, Holiday pay, and Gift of Time
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance effective within 2 weeks
- Gym membership or Fitness equipment reimbursement
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity coverage
- 401(k) with a 3.5% company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet insurance
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.