Responsible for greeting, seating, recording order and taking cash from guests. Delivery of food and removal of dishes and trays. Some stocking, cleaning and preparations of foods.
- Greets and seats customers, records orders, applies suggestive selling techniques, insures prompt placement of orders, follows up to ensure guest satisfaction, and removes unneeded dishes and utensils.
- Must ensure guest satisfaction
- Must immediately inform management of any safety hazards, guest complaints or other problems.
- Must complete all required paperwork properly and do all side-work , daily cleaning tasks and any other assigned duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Know and adhere to all company standards (such as proper ordering codes, sanitation and stocking) and policies.
- Must offer suggestive selling to maintain proper guest check average.
- Greeting and seating, good delivery/dish removal by tray must be done in a timely manner.
- Must be courteous and friendly with all guests, smile and present a professional image at all times.
- Performs cleaning and stocking duties as assigned.
- Periodically assists other service personnel.
- Embodies and promotes Denny’s values.
Customers greeted and served food and beverage in a pleasant and courteous manner following company timing standards. All orders entered and checked for accuracy.
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 21/2 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy pressure/stress
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with customers
- Must be able to work computer and have good phone skills
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Above standard verbal and written skills.
- Above standard communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Guest oriented personality
- Knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Ability to function under stress during peak hours of operation.
- Excellent physical condition due to walking, standing, lifting, bending and extreme temperature variances that accompany the job.
- Simple math skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to manage change.
- Must meet any State, County or Municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Must complete all training, anti-discrimination & anti-harassment training and comply with Denny’s nondiscrimination policies.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the department/area.
Denny's is the place that is always open for you to be who you want, with the people you want, over the food you want…whenever you want. We celebrate the inherent creativity of our food and the uniqueness of all people. So, come as you are. Enjoy pancakes for dinner or burgers for breakfast. You are always welcome at America’s Diner, where we are Open for Anything.
Restaurants & Catering Services
Part Time | Full Time
Full Time | Part Time
Part Time | Full Time
The job skills required for Server include Flexibility, Organizational Skills, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Server.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Server.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Flexibility
Full Time | Part Time
For the skill of Organizational Skills
The following is the career advancement route for Server positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Server,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Fast Food Shift Supervisor that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Server. You can explore the career advancement for a Server below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.