This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and our Express brand purpose - We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression
. - speaks to the role our brand can play in our customers' lives.
Today, we are reimagining our store experience, bringing forward a spirit of hospitality so everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome and leaves wanting to be a part of our styling community. Our store experience and the teams that bring it to life are vitally important to our transformation. Our culture is defined by three values - Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success - and we invite you to join us and help build, activate and amplify the Express styling community.
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit www.express.com
Location: Perimeter Mall
The Stylist creates memorable experiences for customers by applying and embodying a hospitality mindset and delivering a personalized approach to styling that helps to fulfill the Express brand purpose: We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression.
This position is responsible for contributing to the total Style Squad's success. Because the presentation of our product is a key contributor to its appeal, Associate Stylists will also assist with stocking, cleaning and folding. Additionally, our Associate Stylists are brand ambassadors for the Express experience and promote to potential squad members an inclusive squad mentality built on teamwork and shared objectives.Key Responsibilities
- Exemplify a hospitality mindset and deliver on all aspects of the Express Customer Experience Philosophy to create outstanding experiences for customers
- Support Style Squad interconnectedness and approach customer engagement with the thought that it is a 'team sport' by actively engaging with colleagues to deliver the very best customer experience
- Encourage style squad members to gather and share new styling ideas
- Approach styling thoughtfully, representing both the Express Design & Merchandising philosophy and each customer's unique wardrobe needs
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, checkout, fitting room, and stockroom
- Assist with product launch changes according to standard operating procedures
- Provide check-out support to customers as needed
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- High school or equivalent education
- Entry level position
- Willing and able to meet defined availability criteria including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Proficient in use of retail technology such as iPads and registers
- Previous retail or hospitality experience preferred
- Hospitality mindset with a genuine desire to create positive and memorable customer experiences
- Excellent customer service skills and natural ability to interact comfortably with people
- Desire to help the total Squad succeed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adjust message delivery and tone to suit the audience
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States. Notification to Agencies
: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.