You haven't searched anything yet.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Responsible for inspecting areas of responsibilities and following up with a plan for improving results.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
• Schedule employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Review employee satsifaction results.
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
|At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
500 - 1,000
STEVEN JOSEPH ZIDEK
$50M - $200M
The job skills required for Director of Housekeeping include Housekeeping, Laundry, Customer Service, Guest Service, Hospitality Management, Interviewing, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Housekeeping. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Housekeeping. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Director of Housekeeping, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Director of Housekeeping for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Director of Housekeeping job description and responsibilities
The director of housekeeping may work long periods of time as needed under certain circumstances.
03/22/2022: Boulder, CO
Maintaining housekeeping department policies while also working on hotel transitions.
01/28/2022: Pocatello, ID
Responsible for entire housekeeping operations of hotel.
03/13/2022: Manchester, NH
The housekeeping manager sets the department’s schedule and holds the team accountable for upholding the hotel’s service standards.
03/20/2022: Pocatello, ID
Housekeeping employees, especially room attendants, need to be able to perform various physical activities, which can be strenuous.
01/28/2022: Columbus, MS
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Director of Housekeeping jobs
This director must train the housekeeping staff to follow proper procedures and job safety.
01/28/2022: Utica, NY
While their salaries may vary, Housekeeping Directors and Janitor Supervisors both use similar skills to perform their jobs.
03/24/2022: Akron, OH
Housekeeping teams can vary greatly depending on the size of the hotel.
03/08/2022: Altoona, PA
Small boutique hotels may have just a handful of room attendants, while giant resorts can have hundreds of housekeeping team members.
03/09/2022: Flagstaff, AZ
Guests will also have the opportunity to meet members of the Good Housekeeping editorial team.
02/17/2022: Detroit, MI
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Director of Housekeeping.