Upwork has partnered with public research university in Florida and they are looking for an Audio Visual Technician to assist in integrating systems, rack building, loading equipment racks, mounting televisions, projectors and speakers. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of campus classroom technology installations and supporting campus events.
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of campus classroom technology installations and supporting campus events.
- Transporting, setting up, and installing media equipment and audiovisual support tools, including speakers, monitors, cameras, and equipment racks.
- Setting up and performing electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction according to layout diagrams and schedules.
- Developing good relationships with clients to keep production moving and to help out production or event coordinators.
- Running tests on videos, audio, and signals and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
- Meeting clients' standards by handling equipment malfunctions and executing a flawless event.
- Disassembling equipment, wiring, and support tools in a safe manner.
- Must have experience in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Crestron control systems. Must be proficient in Crestron's Toolbox application (pushing code, updating firmware, configuring SNMP, etc.)
- Must have experience in the planning of sightlines, proper mounting heights, and distance for optimal end-user experience
- Must have experience in thermal management and calculating cooling requirements and ventilation for equipment racks
- Must have experience excellent computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be creative, attentive to detail, and flexible.
Have an amazing experience with a great team! Work onsite until next year!