The Driver on our Mobiles team requires travel to blood drive sites and can include early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Schedules are posted three weeks in advance for planning purposes. Employees can be subject to any time slot based on the needs of our community partners. Your full-time hours can be scheduled anytime between 4am to 10pm (approx; times can vary earlier or later).
Are you ready to learn more?
What you can expect in this position:
As a Driver you are responsible for driving the mobile vehicle and transporting the mobile staff in a safe and efficient manner. Will demonstrate competencies and must work efficiently as possible in order to reach collection goals established for each mobile location while also following all Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and departmental policies.
What you will do:
- Transport staff, equipment and supplies in accordance with SOP.
- Drive company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Load/Unload and set-up and tear down equipment at the mobile site. Pack supplies and equipment for mobile drives.
- Prepares blood and specimen tubes for transport and storage.
- Keeps a tally of units of blood and clots donated at mobile sites.
- Greets and treats donors and co-workers with respect and courtesy.
- Conducts donor registration and performs phlebotomy procedures.
- Responsible for converting eligible donors to Double Cell collections.
- Observes all work rules and procedures established, which provides for the safety and efficiency of Mobile and Center operations.
- Reports donor reactions or any other unusual incidents to the Team Leader.
- Stationed at the refreshment area to note and assist with donor reactions.
- Can be appointed to escort donors (especially at High Schools) to refreshment area and assist with reaction by ensuring donor safety by guiding donor to the floor, reports incident to Team leader or Phlebotomist for donor treatment.
- Attends departmental meetings and training sessions as required and participates in the trial and evaluation of new methods and Donor Services techniques.
- May assist the Maintenance Department or Donor Services with delivering supplies or personnel to blood center events, mobile sites or sub-centers.
- Performs Automated Lot Release responsibilities, when required.
When you will work?
- To serve our community, you will work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
- The good news! Staff schedules are posted three weeks in advance!
- Full-time opportunity (32-40 hours weekly) with full benefits!
What’s in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
What you will need:
***All new employees must obtain primary Covid-19 vaccination (single dose Johnson & Johnson or 2 dosages of Pfizer/Moderna/Novavax) prior to start date or have an approved accommodation prior to their start date. ***
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Experience driving in a professional capacity
- Prior health care experience, preferred
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with peers, donors and the general public
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 prior to their start date.
- A proven track record of customer service excellence and reliability.
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses the medical knowledge necessary to determine donor suitability, render immediate and proper care to donor and patient, and attend to safety and quality control issues as required by SOP and external regulatory requirements.
- Basic computer knowledge/skills.
- Produce reports, documentation, and communications using employer provided resources.
- Balance resources effectively to optimize value and reduce costs.
- Interact with all levels, make decisions, be well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong understanding of policy, protocol, and regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Physical demands: Daily tasks include a mixture of standing, sitting, and walking. Hand-eye coordination with significant manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand motions. Reaching above the head and lifting up to 40-pound items occurs occasionally. Visual and hearing acuity to perform essential responsibilities. Looking at computer screens or small items is common.
- Mental demands: Requires ability to maintain a routine of intense concentration for long periods, as well as excellent cognitive, analytical, and memory ability.
- Environmental hazards: Frequent work with biohazardous material is completed in a donor center or mobile environment wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following internal policies, training, and OSHA standards. Moderate level of noise is present in the collection areas. Employee is frequently exposed to the public. Exposure to various temperatures will occur.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About Versiti Inc.
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve peoples urgent need for life-saving healthcare. That we can strengthen and restore the health of our communities while conducting groundbreaking research. That we can integrate scientific innovation, medicine, and service in ways that no other blood health organization can match. Were driven by the urgency of our work and inspired by the generosity of the people we rely on for life-saving donations. We have the privilege to safeguard these gifts and ensure they go where the need is greatest, in our communitie...s and beyondand our hospital and healthcare partners across the nation rely on the speed, safety, and availability of these gifts. Our people are driven by a relentless curiosity. As the home of the world-renowned Blood Research Institute, we attract leading blood health researchers from around the world who are passionate about advancing personalized medicine. We conduct focused research in areas like cellular therapies, oncology, and genomics, to make a difference in the lives of people through the healing potential of blood. People need people. There is no substitute for blood, organs, tissue, or bone marrow. They are precious. They are perishable. And the need for them is vital. As a partnership of blood centers, were far stronger together than we are alone. Ultimately, the meaning of our work is found in the lives we save and the people we serve. Our dedication to service and safety will enable us to become the partner of choice for hospitals everywhere. Our commitment to scientific rigor can save lives and advance the field of personalized medicine. And our commitment to building deep relationships with our donors will transform Versiti into a beacon of hope, care, and innovation in the communities we call home.