Job Location: Volkswagen of Downtown Chicago - Chicago, IL
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Volkswagen of Downtown Chicago is part of one of the best automotive groups (Murgado Automotive Group) in the country. We strongly believe that our team is what makes our dealerships best in class. When you join our team, you become more than an employee; you become part of a friendly, tight-knit family. We care about you and your dreams, ambitions and goals. And the opportunity for growth is endless. We only promote from within our company and the sky is the limit.
Come and join our team!
We are looking for a Service Advisor who can initiate automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Medical, dental & vision plan
- Good work/life balance- flexible hours
- 401(k) savings plan
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental Insurances (Accidental & Critical Illness)
- Paid Time Off
- Greets customers promptly
- Obtains customer and vehicle information
- Clearly reports all vehicle symptoms as described by the customer
- Determines and recommends needed maintenance base on age, mileage, and vehicle history
- Prepares complete and accurate estimate of cost for labor and parts
- Establishes follow-up time
- Monitors the progress of each vehicle throughout the day, updating customers frequently
- Verifies that final invoice reconciles with work performed on the repair order
- Explains all completed work and charges to customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of automotive industry preferred
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Extremely resilient and maintains composure when interacting with customers
- Exceptional customer service skills is a MUST
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to customers
- Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment background check & drug screen
Other Relevant Information:
- All expense paid for manufacturer training
- Career path opportunities
- Supportive leadership team including a Shop Foreman to assist with the needs of the team
- Team-oriented environment with strong shop morale
- Quarterly team outings
- Large shop with 24 service bays
- High volume store averaging over 800 customer ROs per month
- Huge parts department with over $300,000 in inventory
- Electronic MPI process to promote efficiency and facilitate collaboration among Advisors, Technicians and Parts department
- Technicians turning an average of 50 hours a week
- Uniforms are available
- Located in Chicago's downtown Gold Coast neighborhood
- Close to all major public transportation and offer employee parking rates
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The job skills required for Service Advisor include Transportation, Customer Service, Leadership, background check, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Service Advisor.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Service Advisor.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service